Applications for the British Council IELTS Award are now open. The British Council IELTS Awards gives applicants the opportunity to receive up to £10,000 to fund their studies worldwide. The British Council created the British Council IELTS Awards with the primary aim of helping high caliber individuals who have demonstrated a strong motivation to advance their careers and the potential to contribute to society through their studies.
This award allows successful applicants to study at any university anywhere in the world (in Germany or abroad) at undergraduate or postgraduate level in an English language program that accepts IELTS as part of your admissions requirements.
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities, established in 1934 and incorporated by Royal Charter in 1940, serving over 100 countries around the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and Civil Cooperating Society
Benefits of British Council IELTS Award
Successful applicants will receive the British Council IELTS Award worth £3,000 to £10,000
The amount of the award depends on the tuition fees of the institution you wish to enroll in and is towards the cost of tuition attributed to your selected program
If the selected candidate’s tuition is below the maximum individual prize fund of £10,000, the remaining funds may be reallocated to support other finalists.
Eligibility Criteria for British Council IELTS Award
Eligible applicants must meet the following application requirements
- Must be over the age of 18 by 31 July 2022 to apply
- Applicants must take an IELTS test at a British Council Center in Germany and be provided with an official exam report form (TRF)
- The test must have been taken between 1 June 2021 and 10 June 2022 and must have been issued by the British Council in Germany The four components of the IELTS exam Must be planning to enroll for the 2022–23 academic year, the will begin enrolling in August 2022.
- Applicants must be interested in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate program taught in English at a university.
- Universities can be domestic or foreign but must accept IELTS as part of their admission requirements.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
How do I Apply for British Council IELTS Award
- Applicants must have taken or otherwise taken the IELTS test at a British Council approved center in Germany. You should then receive an official Examination Report Form (TRF), which must be dated between 1 June 2021 and 10 June 2022, issued by the British Council in Germany. Only TFF reports issued by a British Council in Germany will be accepted.
- You must then complete the online application form and submit it by June 30, 2022. If you are selected for the award, you must be willing and show your commitment to network within the IELTS community and share your experiences with other IELTS candidates.