Applications are open for the TWAS-CUI postdoctoral fellowship program. The fellowship program is offered for young and experienced researchers from developing countries other than citizens of Pakistan. Young scientists who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural sciences, social sciences or a related science, including Mathematics, Biosciences, Metrology, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Physics, and Management sciences, environmental sciences and chemical engineering, may apply. Researchers can also apply for Development Studies, Economics and International Relations.
The duration of the TWAS-CUI postdoctoral fellowship is 6 to 12 months. The research will be conducted at the laboratories of COMSATS University Islamabad. CUI (Comsats University Islamabad) will provide a monthly stipend to cover living cost in Pakistan; accommodation, food and health insurance. However, remember that the stipend cannot be converted into any foreign currency.
Here are more details about the TWAS-CUI postdoctoral fellowship
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Science
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Science
- Mathematical Science
- Social and Economics Science
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
Eligibility Criteria :
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply for TWAS-CUI postdoctoral fellowship:
- The applicant must be a researcher from developing countries.
- Pakistani researchers are not eligible to apply.
- They must not hold permanent or temporary residency visa for Pakistan.
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree in a related field.
- Applicants must be employed in an eligible country.
- Applicants must provide a health certificate, including the Covid test result.
- Applicants must provide an acceptance letter from Comsats.
COMSATS University will provide a monthly stipend to cover the accommodation/living cost, food/meals cost and health insurance.
Other details :
- Copy of CV,
- Research proposal outline,
- Scanned copy of valid passport,
- Foreign students information sheet (download from official website),
- English proficiency evidence (if the medium of education was not English).
Deadline: August 31, 2021
The application process for the TWAS-CUI postdoctoral fellowship program is online; submit your application via the online application portal.
Applicants must submit the acceptance letter from Comsats University. Send your request for acceptance to Mr Kashif Masood (Deputy Registrar) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must submit a reference letter on letterhead; a reference letter must be signed for acceptance. Applicants must submit a copy of their application by email to CUI.