Canada being the home of the top leading institutions in the world, provides excellent education opportunity to her general populace, including international students. This a accounts for why thousands of international students wants to study in her institutions.
The University of Calgary is one of the top and leading institutions in Canada and the world, with too many applicants.
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is a comprehensive research intensive University, that was established in 1966, it has 14 faculties and more than 85 research institute and center’s with a state of Art’s facilities. It offers undergraduate, graduate and Doctorate degree program, which are designed to offer students the best kind of skills, hands-on experience and knowledge that will successfully develop them academically and career-wise. This is one of the reasons this University is regarded as CARU (Comprehensive Academic and research University).
This University has a sponsored research revenue of $380.4 million, with total revenues exceeding $1.2 billion. This institution maintains a close for with the petroleum and geoscience industries through her department of geoscience and her school of engineering. Her undergraduate student population is 26000 and her graduate students population is 6000, it offers over 250 programs in post-secondary education awarding bachelors, masters and doctorate degrees.
The University of Calgary has her campuses spread across the province of Alberta and even outside of Canada.
- Main Campus; located northwest of Downtown Calgary
- Health Sciences Campus; this is the University of Calgary medical school sharing a site with the Foothills Medical Centre some distances south of the main campus
- Downtown Campus
- Spy Hill Campus
- Qatar Campus; established by the University of Calgary and located in Doha, Qatar, offering only nursing education.
Faculties and schools in the university of Calgary
This University offer’s and awards her programs that leads to the award of bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate degrees in the following field
Faculty of Nursing
Schulich School of Engineering
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Work
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Werklund School of Education
Faculty of Arts
Cumming School of Medicine
School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape
Faculty of Graduate Studies
Haskayne School of Business
Faculty of Kinesiology
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Nursing (Qatar)
The University of Calgary rankings
This University has received lots of recognition both internationally and nationally
- In the Academic ranking of world universities this University is ranked 151-200 range internationally, and number 6-9 nationally.
- For the center for world universities ranking it is ranked 8th position in Canada and 184th in the world
- Maclean’s ranks this institution as the 9th in the medical field/Doctorate
- The QS world university ranking has placed the university of Calgary 9th in Canada and 233rd in the world.
- By research info source, the university ranks 6th place in Canada
- no. 6 top research university in Canada, 169 research chairs, 360 new inventions and innovations since 2017, Canada’s best diversity employers with a 94.1% graduate employment rate and Alberta’s top 75 employers since 2017 till date
The University of Calgary acceptance rate
This University has an acceptance rate of 20-30%, it is a highly competitive University to go into.
University of Calgary tuition fee
For undergraduate degree students’, the tuition fee for domestic students’ is CND$5,593.5 and international students is CND$12,695.9, for breakdown of tuition see details below https://www.ucalgary.ca/pubs/calendar/current/p-1-1.html
For graduate students domestic students’ tuition fee ranges from CND$3,464 – CND$12,609.42
While international students their tuition fee ranges from CND$8,081 – CND$29,027.22
Click here for details https://www.ucalgary.ca/pubs/calendar/current/p-1-2.html
University of Calgary scholarship
They’re several Scholarship options available to students of the university, finacial aids options exists for students’. Scholarship are often awarded to often awarded to students with outstanding academic performance, leadership ability and involvement in community or other school activities. To be eligible for admission Scholarship in this institution,
- You must be applying or already admitted into the university
- You must fall into the category of need based or Merit scholarshi
- Check the requirements of the scholarship you want
Remember try and apply for scholarship especially before their deadlines.
University of Calgary Prestige Scholarship Awards
This Scholarship is for students’ who wish to gain admission into the university.
- Schulich Leader Scholarship
- Chancellor’s Scholarship
- Ena Lee Leaders in Business Scholarship
- Leader in Health Sciences Scholarship
- Seymour Schulich Academic Excellence
- Seymour Schulich Community
- Richard and Lois Haskayne Legacy Scholarship
- Ucalgary International Entrance Scholarship
University of Calgary entrance Scholarship
Application for admission into this institution qualifies you for admission.
- President’s Admission Scholarship
- University of Calgary International Baccalaureate Diploma Entrance Scholarship
University of Calgary international Awards
This are awards and Financial aids offered to international students
- Margaret Saunders Bursary in Education
- U of C Alumni Association International Student Bursary
- Romeo and Eva De Guia Scholarship
For application deadline and details click https://www.ucalgary.ca/registrar/finances/awards-scholarships-and-bursaries/international-awards
University of Calgary Professional Program Awards
This scholarship is awarded to international students and domestic students’ who study professional course’s it comes as awards, bursaries and Financial aids, this scholarship cover areas like Cumming School of Medicine (MD), the Faculty of Law (Juris Doctor (JD) program), and the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM). Click here for details https://www.ucalgary.ca/registrar/finances/awards-scholarships-and-bursaries/professional
University of Calgary External and Government Funded Scholarship Awards
This are Scholarship options available to students studying in the university, they’re sponsored by external bodies
Read More: 7 Worst Universities in Canada
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Husky Energy Scholarship Program
- Alberta Student Aid Scholarship
- Government of Canada Scholarship
- Loran Scholars Foundation
The following are the requirements for getting admission into the university of Calgary
- For undergraduate degree program you must have your high school diploma or it’s equivalent
- For graduate students must have completed their bachelor’s degree
- International Students must have their study permit
- Must have English language proficiency score
- Graduate students’ must submit letters of recommendation, CV, written work and statement of purpose
For undergraduate degree program click here https://www.ucalgary.ca/future-students/undergraduate/requirements
For graduate degree program click here https://grad.ucalgary.ca/future-students/understanding-graduate-studies
University of Calgary Application Fee
The application fee for this institution varies and $125 for domestic students and $145 for international students.
To be eligible for admission you must have meet all the requirements for admission.
For undergraduate degree students’ click here https://www.ucalgary.ca/future-students/undergraduate/apply
For graduate degree students’ https://grad.ucalgary.ca/future-students/how-apply