University Of Windsor Requirements | Fees | Programs | Scholarships And Rankings
This article will provide you with information on the university of Windsor, Canada. Choosing a university to study in Canada, can sometimes be confusing, as majority of her universities provide world class Education, the university of Windsor was established in 1857 as the Roman Catholic Assumption college, with the desire for a quality education, led to incorporation of the Institution in 1962 by a charter by Ontario province to the university of Windsor. The University currently is a fully comprehensive and research focused university, being founded on the bedrock of research, with focus on Environment, international trade and social justice.
The university currently has programs in fields of natural science, entrepreneurship research & health. It is renowned for being the only University with PhD in social Justice and also the only north American University that offers Argumentation Studies in Law at graduate degree level. The University boasts of having 11,000 full-time and part-time Undergraduate students’, while her graduate degree students’ 4000. It hosts about 5000 international students from 100 different countries.
About 100 Undergraduate Programs and graduate degree program are offered in this Institution cutting across the fields of law, Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences and up to Engineering. Students’ in the university of Windsor are educated by world class faculty members. Students’ are taught to create out skillset with the latest trend in technology, industry practices and strategies that’ll keep businesses to thrive.
This University is located in the cross boundary between the United States of America and Canada. It has a small arboretums, her building are depicted by Christian’s architecture. This University operates three federated colleges
- Assumption University, which offers a degree in pastoral ministry and religious education.
- Canterbury college which focuses on Library arts.
- Iona College which is a small theological school
Why you should study in the university of Windsor
- This University is coming from a background that is deeply rooted in Christian religion, making her morally and ethically endowed to deliver quality education.
- This University is highly sought after by international and national students’.
- Her programs are tailored and designed to help her students succeed In their career. Her students’ are taught by brilliant faculty members and an innovative team of researchers.
- Her tuition fee is affordable and it provides a low cost of living.
Read Also: University of Toronto Requirements | Fees | Scholarships | Programs And
- International students’ are provided with the opportunity to work and learn, creating opportunity for internship.
- Furthermore, the all programs offered by the university are Accreditated by the Ontario university on quality assurance.
- Through her program called using talent’s it helps employees hire her students upon graduation.
- Finally her library called leddy library, consists of a collection of more than 3 million electronic resources and printed materials. Which helps and aids fast research, scholarly presentation and dissertation.
University Of Windsor Ranking
The university of Windsor provides programl tailored to innovation, creativity, research and lifelong support for her graduates. It is highly ranked.
The QS ranking places the university of Windsor as the 701 out of 800 universities and ranks this University 25th in Canada.
Times World emphatically placed this University in 601 out of 800 universities and 22nd in Canada.
The US News and Report placed this University in 1049 in the world and 25th in Canada.
Maclean’s ranked this University 14th in Canada.
University Of Windsor Acceptance Rate
This University has an acceptance rate of 61%, which shows how it welcomes students’ from diverse cultures and different countries to her campus. In 2018 out of 23,150 applicants the university of Windsor admitted 16,321 students’.
University of Windsor Faculties
The university of Windsor, offers a wide range of Full time and part time Undergraduate Programs, about 120 Undergraduate majors and minors are offered by this University through her nine faculties. Her faculties are listed below
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Faculty Of Education
- Faculty Of Engineering
- Odette School Of Business
- Faculty Of Graduate Studies
- Faculty Of Human Kinetics
- Faculty Of Law
- Faculty Of Nursing
- Faculty Of Science
For Available Programs in each faculties click here https://www.uwindsor.ca/faculties-and-departments
University Of Windsor Tuition Fees
Tuition fees varies for every program, tuition fee for undergraduate degree students’ ranges from $16,340 – $18,620 while her graduate degree students’ $20,900 – $24,320.
While her international students their tuition fee $24,410 – $24,680.
University of Windsor Admission Requirements
For Undergraduate students’
The following are required for admission
- High school certificates
- Academic transcripts
- TOEFl/IELTS test scores
- Course work during high school
- A minimum score of at least 70
The following documents are required to be considered for admission in graduate degree program
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Application fee of $125
- Reference letters from former employee, Lecturers etc.
- Transcripts of all post-secondary schools attended
- English language proficiency test score
- Writing samples/ Essay or thesis proposal
- Personal profile
- Letter of intent/ Statement of purpose
How To Apply For Admission Into University Of Windsor
To be eligible for admission click this link https://student.uwindsor.ca/psc/DBCSPRD_9/EMPLOYEE/SA/c/CTF_MENU.CTF_C_SIGNON.GBL?Page=CTF_C_SIGNON&Action=U&CTF_ID=UW_GRAD_ADM_APP&
Read More: University of Alberta Requirements | Fees | Scholarships | Programs And
University of Windsor Scholarship
This University has several Scholarship options, Scholarship are awarded to graduate, Undergraduate, some Scholarship are based on merit. The university of Windsor also offers awards and bursaries to her students. they include
Uwindsor Skill Competition Scholarships
Value Description of the scholarship : $1,000
Windsor Regional Science, Tech and Engineering Fair
Value Description of the Scholarship : $2,000
Dr. Lillian McCarthy Scholarship
Value Description of the Scholarship: $1,000
Greg and Sharon Buttler Piano Awards
Value of the scholarship : $1,500
John C. McGuire Scholarships
Value Description of the Scholarship : $900
Dr. Roy J.Coyle Memorial Bursary
Value of the scholarship: $900
Lead Entrance Scholarship
Value Description of the scholarship : $2,024.00
The Chancellor Jackman Scholarship
Value Description of the scholarship : $5,000
Graybiel Entrance Scholarship
Value Description of the Scholarship : $1,000
Dean’s Renewable Entrance Scholarship
Value Description of the scholarship: $2,500