This is to inform the General Public, Schools Parents and Students that the sales of forms of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination, WASSCE for School Candidate formerly known as WAEC May/June for the 2020/2021 Academic Session has commenced.
Prospective Schools are expected to collect the approved registration fees from all their candidates and issue one bank draft in favour of The West African Examinations Council (WAEC).
This cheque is paid at the WAEC Zonal/Branch Office in charge of their State.
The designated WAEC Finance Officer in the Zonal/Branch Office enters information regarding the payment on his computer and issued the school a scratch card or pay voucher containing information to enable the Principal/Examination Officer sign up to the e-Registration Website.
However, to make the online registration trouble-free especially for schools without Internet Service in their locality, we have made provision for offline registration on their standalone PCs or through Business Centers in their locality.
The CD-ROM containing this offline registration facility will be given to schools along with the pay voucher upon payment. This also means that schools could start registering their candidates as they collect entry fees from them.
Schools are required to use the Internet Explorer which comes standard with Microsoft Windows for easier registration.
To get to this website, launch the Windows Internet Explorer on your PC and type the following http://www.waeconline.org.ng Or http://www.waeconline.org.ng/register/
While in this website, click on the “May/June Examinations” icon. This takes you straight to the e-Registration home page.
Notes: Your computer must be connected to the Internet to do this.
For schools without Internet connection, they could register at the WAEC Zonal/Branch Office in charge of their State or the nearest Cyber café or use the offline registration facility.
Once a School Examination Officer is properly identified by the system, he/she could register as many candidates as the PIN allocated to the school will allow him.
The following are the steps the examination officer will take to register candidates:
- Sign up/Login to the E-Registration Website as described in Section 2.2 above
- · Click “Register” on the cascade menu
- · The Center Number, the School Name, and the number of entries remaining for the school with the Registration Form will be displayed
- · Each Candidate’s personal details such as Surname, First Name, Date of Birth, Sex and subjects must be entered. The candidate’s passport photograph and signature must also be captured.
See how to capture candidate’s passport photograph and signature below:
Note: All the Boxes marked (*) are compulsory fields and must be filled.
- Scan the actual passport photograph of the candidate using a flatbed scanner or Take a passport photograph of the candidate with a digital camera
- · The passport photo should be black and white, 35mm x 40mm in size with contrasting background
- · The passport photograph must be clear and the candidate’s face must NOT be obstructed in any way by items like glasses, sun glasses, head gear, etc
- · Store the picture in JPEG format using candidate’s name
For schools in the rural areas and/or schools without computers and/or Internet facilities, WAEC has installed in all its Zonal/Branch Offices, Computers, Scanners, Printers, and Internet Service. This will enable such schools to register their candidates online or upload the candidates they have registered offline.
This will surely make it possible for all schools to get their candidates register on time and with ease.
Schools wishing to use these facilities especially for scanning and printing may be required to pay a token for the facilities. Such additional fees will be communicated to the schools during the training program.