What You Need to Know About the Importance of Preschool Education
Pre School Education is a step for a giant exposure of a child towards learning, this serves as the first point of when children are separated from the comfort of their home. And as such should have features of a second home, it has to be a place which has enough material to support, attract and make a child feel secure and comfortable.
This stage is more like the foundation of the child’s education and it is at this stage that a lot about the child’s Developmental mile stones is noticed.
What is Early Childhood Education?
This is the Education a child receives both formal and informal, provided to a child up to approximately 8 years of Age, This stage is fundamental to the development of a child, and will shape the child’s later years of life.
Many factors account for the success of an early childhood education, in terms of informal early childhood education, is the source of input which is usually the parents or caregivers, this stage parents are usually the first teacher’s, the child develops a sense of self, and attachment to parents especially from 0-2 years. Quality of attachment forms a part in the child’s education in the future. Early childhood education helps a diminished risk of social-emotional mental health problems and increased self-sufficiency as children mature and enter adulthood.
Early childhood education is all about honing and molding the holistic child , it is at this stage that foundation for cognitive, physical and emotional developments are built. Thou generally children start learning the basics of walking, talking, and naming of colors and shapes at home. This stage gives the children the opportunity to apply what they learnt at home in a setting with other individuals, this stage works to challenge and motivate the child, giving room for a healthy development.
Why is Preschool Education Important?
Sending kids of from home is normally a hard process especially from 2-4 years but giving this children a quality Education will give them an edge and set them above their peers, this stage build’s a strong foundation in the child’s social, Preschool and general life skills, that will give them a general lag up in skills.
The reasons are listed below
- PRESCHOOL TEACHES CHILDREN HOW TO BE LEARNERS
- PRESCHOOL HELPS CHILDREN DEVELOP SOCIAL SKILLS
- CHILDREN DEVELOP SELF-REGULATION SKILLS THROUGH “TEACHABLE MOMENTS” AND OTHER INTERACTIONS AT PRESCHOOL
- PRESCHOOL ACTIVITIES BOOST PRE-LITERACY SKILLS
- PRESCHOOL BUILDS A FOUNDATION FOR MATH
- THE PRESCHOOL ENVIRONMENT NURTURES CHILDREN’S CREATIVITY AND CURIOSITY
- PRESCHOOL STUDENTS GET TO MAKE CHOICES
- CHILDREN LEARN TO TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER
- CHILDREN DEVELOP COGNITIVE SKILLS
- PRESCHOOL ACTIVITIES HELP CHILDREN DEVELOP MOTOR SKILLS
- THE PRESCHOOL ENVIRONMENT PROVIDES STRUCTURE WITH LIMITED RULES
- PRESCHOOL PREPARES CHILDREN FOR KINDERGARTEN
- PRESCHOOL IS A FOUNDATIONAL OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
What are 3 Benefits of Preschool Education?
Early childhood education plays a crucial role in the formative stage of a child, it is at this stage that a child’s cognitive skills are developed, and learnt. It is noteworthy of mention that human brain develops the vast majority of its neurons, and is at its most receptive to learning, between birth and three years of age.
- Improved Social Skills
This stage allows children, to acquire skills necessary that allows them to acquire crucial skills, needed to listen to one another, express their ideas, make friends etc this phase helps develop their interest in maths and reading thereby increasing their social engagement.
Learn Also: UNESCO Internship Program 2022
- Eagerness to Learn
Students who passed through early childhood education in a good setting, tends to be confident and inquisitive to learn. This stage helps them to learn how to manage challenges, they settle well in every institution.
- Encouraging Holistic Development
This stage provides a footing for the child’s development, this stage helps build a child’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional proficiency which will prepare them for life challenges.
The importance of this stage is discussed below
- This stage is where the child build’s his self esteem, through his teacher’s he is made to know the importance of his name, things and makes friends from here. The child learns to value communication, through his relationship with his teacher’s and classmates. It is the right place for a child’s foundation for a life Long process. The skills and knowledge the child skills will greatly impact on his skills and knowledge.
- Research on preschool Education has shown that children who passed through it, have improved social skills, fewer behavioral problems and better grades without special attention, through her self confidence building through playful manners the child’s personality is developed.
- The child’satitude to learning significantly affected, the basic foundation in language and comprehension, help facilitate the child’s learning.
- The child’s is well prepared for the real education at this point and his cognitive skills are developed.
- The child is trained to understand the different sounds of alphabets, which will build up his skills later in life.