York University Requirements | Fees | Scholarships | Programs And Rankings
York University is one of the Canadian leading universities, and it was established in 1959 in the city of Toronto, it is a public research institution globally recognized as one of the largest universities in Canada imparting knowledge to over 55,000 students, both international, domestic and undergraduate degree and graduate degree students’. This University is a Pioneer in championing new ideas, new ways of teaching, and research. It is a research intensive University, this University has about 28 research centers and 11 research centers. This University offers a wide range of graduate, undergraduate degree program to both domestic and international students. It has come to rank among the top tier university in Canada.
The York’s university, provides her students with unique approach to learning and to open their minds and broaden their thinking, skills and interests, unlocking their potential for broad career opportunities.
York University Requirements | Fees, Scholarships, Programs, Rankings
York University Ranking
This University is one of the leading universities, offering a wide variety of programs, her Programs in mathematics, nursing, business, management & accounting are one of the best. The York University is also ranked as the number 1 best School in Canada.
The time Higher education, has placed York University as number 16 in Canada and for world ranking the university is sitting around the number 401-500.
York University Acceptance Rate
This University has an acceptance rate of 80% and it is a highly competitive University. And to be admitted you must have passed the admission criteria set by the university. Admission is strictly by merit in this University.
York University Tuition Fee
The York University tuition fee, varies per program and courses. Even the status of students’ affect the tuition, like international students and domestic students’.
Undergraduate domestic students’ pay between CAD$6,980.70 – CAD$10,550.40 as their tuition fee.
Read More: Canadian Financial Aid for Students In USA
Undergraduate degree international students pay between CAD$29,495.70 – CAD$35,419
For fees details please click the link https://futurestudents.yorku.ca/tuition
Graduate Tuition fees at York University
Domestic graduate degree students’ pay CAD$5,571 as their tuition fee
International degree graduate students pay CAD$19,611 as their tuition fee.
York University Faculties/Schools/Colleges
The York University has about 11 faculties, which span across various fields of study, the faculties include
- School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Glendon College
- Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Faculty of Health
- Lassonde School of Engineering
- Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies
- Osgoode Hall Law School
- Schulich School of Business
- Faculty of Science
York University Scholarship
The York University has varieties of financial aids, scholarship and grants for her international and domestic students, some need to be applied while others need not to be applied. Entrance scholarship are awarded on Application.
The following are list of entrance Scholarship in the York University
- President’s Scholarships ($5,400 x 4 years)
- Chancellor Cory Entrance Scholarship ($4,000 x 4 years)
- Governors’ Award of Distinction ($8,000 x 4 years, plus the cost of accommodation for the first year, approximately $4,000)
- Avie Bennett Award ($7,500 x 4 years)
- Awards of Achievement ($6,000 x 4 years)
- Harry Arthurs Alumni Families Entrance Scholarship ($6,000 x 4 years)
- Honderich Bursary ($8,000 x 4 years)
- Schulich Leader Scholarships worth $100,000 till the end of student’s undergraduate study
- Chancellor Bennett Entrance Awards for the Westview Partnership ($7,000 x 4 years)
- Avie Bennett Visionary Leadership Scholarship ($9,000 x 4 years)
- York University Renewable Entrance Athletic Scholarship ($4,500 x 5 years)
For other scholarship details check http://sfs.yorku.ca/scholarships/award-search?awardID=3593
York University Admission Requirements
The requirements for admission in the York University varies, as undergraduate student have their own criteria, graduate degree students’ have, same with requirements for domestic and international students.
- Applicants must have graduated from high school
- Must have taken the language proficiency tests and passed it
- Submit official transcript and other supplementary Application which varies by the program of study
- International students must have a valid Canadian study permit
Click here for other details https://futurestudents.yorku.ca/requirements
Graduate students’ requirements
Must have completed their undergraduate degree and earned a bachelor’s degree in any field of study
Read Also: Top MBA in Canada without GMAT
Must have official transcript and language proficiency tests
A copy of the following documents will be needed
- Recommendation letters
- Statement of interest
- Written work
- Test scores
York University Application Fee
The application fee for the York University is around CDN$130, and it is non refundable.
To be eligible for admission in this University, click the link below https://futurestudents.yorku.ca/mature/apply#:~:text=Apply%20for%20admission&text=If%20you%20are%20interested%20in,York%2C%20use%20our%20online%20application